Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Can you say..stupid car..stupid weather?

it rained yesterday...it rained like the second flood was on its way...it was wet, soggy, cold, damp, slip splash slushy weather. and when you mix a day of rain with a night of below freezing temps..you get ice. duh?..so much for the science lesson. of course i didn't even think about that when i left the house at my usual time this morning..i did however realize rather quickly when i couldn't get my car door open. great! so i tug and pull and pound around the edges of the door..hoping it will dislodge some of the ice.."did i mention that i'm blond?" so eventually..but by pure persistence or blind luck it creaked open. "relief" i dump my stuff in the passenger side and "bang goes the door"..ha! not! when i should have heard a "bang" i heard a "thud" CRAP! not this again. "sigh" so off i go to struggle with the trunk to find a bungee cord. thank goodness it didn't take super human strength to get it open and i was back behind the wheel in no time...wrapping one end of the cord to the parking break and the other around the door handle "this is old hat for me" ..the only problem is that the cord has to stretch across my lap...leaving a rather big dent in my leg and making it go numb around the edges..but i must do what i must do...coz car doors are surprisingly heavy when going round corners.

now this strategy works quite well while i'm in the car..the difficult part is when i have to get out and leave the car. that in itself is a process. usually its undoing the bungee cord...sliding into the passenger side and attaching the cord again and locking the doors. you have no idea how hard it is to do this and not look like a complete idiot with my behind hanging outta the car. so i must say that i thanked my lucky starts when i got to timmie's for my usual addiction and the door actually latched..yay! "i hope i can get back in" which i did and the rest of the drive was uneventful and i could feel my leg..bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead..do your worst or beef me up like crazy..tell me how wonderful i am..or how full of crap to...i can take it all