Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In the beginning

so anyway..i was crusin around here today and i have to say that i was rather intimidated by the size, depth and content of some of the blogs on here. i mean, wow! blogs about jobs..or designing, how to get organized..and recipe ideas. quite surprising.....i should explain. you see..while i'm not new to blogging (or my versions of blogging) this is the first blog site that i have ever been in or visited. "so where did you blog sandra?" you ask. well..since we are going back to the beginning..it seems like a good place to start. it all began with a trip to Plenty of Fish..aka POF. oh yes..you read right..its a dating site. lol for awhile there....i was living the single life...oh my goodness it was fun! being on a dating site definitly increases your chances of getting dates..and when your cursed with the "no fly zone" (men would not walk up to me and ask me out) i mean ..it was the darndest thing..frustrating as all get out but it did lead me in the direction of internet dating...which then led me to blogging. see...there is a point to all this gibberish. i always get to the point in good time..no..not yet...hold on i'll ge there :)

so there i was..in the giant pond that is called plenty of fish..eagerly awaiting the next email from some "gent"..finding out what he's all about..what made him tick. surfing the profiles..bugging people...being bugged. now if any of you have been on any of these types of sites..you know that you have to fill out a profile. this profile contains all the information your willing to disclose to others in the hopes of finding that "perfect" someone. a daunting task isn't it? how do you sum up who and what you are..dreams..hopes..foilbles...not to mention, you have to sum everything you want in that other person to. (holy crap!)

so i took this as a challenge...my job was to project as much of myself onto a computer screen as possible so that those gentlemen would know or pretty much know who and what i was. so the blogs began. i worte about everything..my day at work..people that cheesed me off...the weather...my evening run. as a result my values, morals and beliefs were right out there for all to see. it paid off in so many ways. 1) i found a wonderful man 2) i met some really good people and 3) i made people think. which is all i ever really want to do. so i intend to continue this little quest...here. and yes..i'm getting to the point.

my point is..be exactly who you are. show the world what you can do. even if its just a little blog...even if only makes one person smile..what you get in return..could make a real difference
cheers
s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead..do your worst or beef me up like crazy..tell me how wonderful i am..or how full of crap to...i can take it all